The ancient Egyptians are said to have invented the wig before the 17th century. It doesn’t matter who made them first; I am happy that the wig is done! Any woman / person who knows the pain of a bad hair day appreciates the value of a good wig. Indeed, wigs have found new meaning in the 21st century. They are trendy and help all kinds of people to comfortably achieve the desired look. Wigs also help people maintain their natural hair better. Constant heat treatment and natural hair styling are harmful. As a lover and wig wearer, I salute the evolution and importance of this essential beauty piece. When trying to buy a wig online, you don’t have the privilege of touching and feeling it. To do this, knowing how to judge quality and style is essential for making an informed decision. This comprehensive resource gives you the tools you need to order the wig that best suits your needs.
What exactly is a wig?
According to an online dictionary, a wig is a cover made from real or artificial hair. The definition goes on to state that wigs are mainly worn by judges and lawyers in courts or by people trying to hide a bald head. Today, wigs are commonly worn by women as a fashion statement. Hair or no hair, many people will wear fancy wigs in an effort to look up to date and clean. Wigs also have cultural meanings where celebrities create their brand and personality around certain wig styles.
Types of wigs available on the market
The wigs are made of synthetic hair, human hair or a mixture of human and animal hair. Sheep, agora rabbits, and horses are some of the most common sources of animal hair that are used to make wigs.
Wigs made with synthetic hair
Synthetic wigs are made with artificial hair. Some of the more common materials used to make them include nylon and acrylic fibers. Synthetic hair hd wigs technology has truly improved making synthetic some of the most attractive wigs on the market. In fact, some artificial hair wigs cannot be differentiated from human or natural hair wigs. There are many merits in choosing a synthetic wig as highlighted below;
– The good quality ones look very real and natural.
– They are more affordable than human or natural hair wigs.
– Synthetic options will not have the tangle problem, this is common in human hair types.
– These wigs will keep their style even after washing.
– You can choose a variety of styles and designs from the market as you like
– In general, they are easy to maintain.
– Synthetic wigs are styled and you cannot manipulate or change the style as you wish
– Synthetic wigs have a shorter life, not more than 6 months; however, this will depend on the brand.
Human hair wigs
Human hair wigs give you the comfort of knowing that you are actually wearing real hair. As mentioned above, human hair can be mixed with real animal hair to form a hybrid. This type of wig has a number of advantages and disadvantages described below;
– The hairstyle can be done as you like. You can color, perm and style just like your real hair. Therefore, you need a good stylist to make your human hair wig look good.
– Thanks to the versatility of the texture, you can get a wig that is very similar to the texture of your natural hair.
– These wigs usually last longer than their synthetic counterparts. A person who wears such a wig every day can enjoy a service of a year or more
– These wigs look and feel natural and this can improve your overall outlook and confidence.
– They are usually more expensive
– Maintaining them can be even more expensive, just like keeping your real hair.
– The wigs and the style in them cannot withstand the elements and will definitely react to drying and tangling
– They fade faster and are more brittle in heat and styling tools.
– Their hairstyle will take work and time; Also, they tend to be heavier than synthetic wigs.
How do you choose the best type of wig to buy?
When it comes to wigs, there is no one size or type that will fit everyone. Buy what suits your needs. The following factors will determine whether you will purchase a human hair wig or a synthetic hair wig. Keep in mind that there are synthetic wigs that do not damage heat.
1. How much are you willing to spend?
If you are a fan of pennies, synthetic wigs are made for you. Not only are they more affordable, they are also of great quality and look very natural. If you don’t mind digging deeper into your pocket, you can opt for a human hair wig.
2. What are your hairstyle preferences?
If you are the type of person who likes to change the look of your hair every other day, you need versatile wigs that can be styled to your liking. In this regard, human hair wigs are flexible and can be colored, heat molded and permed to achieve the desired look. If you choose heat resistant synthetic wigs, this is a good option; however, they only last no longer than 4 months due to the style.